France (and Paris) rank amongst the most toured and visited destinations of the world. There are endless monuments, castles, museums, gardens, and other exciting and memorable hot spots in the country.
April, or the spring season, may be one of the best seasons of the year to visit France. There are new colors and vibrance added to the cities and landscapes of France during the spring season. Also, it is in April that you can enjoy the best of the festivals of France! When you visit France during April, the gardens welcome you with bright and blooming flowers.
Weather of France In April
The maximum temperature during April in France can be up to 62°F (17°C), 53°F (12°C) being the lowest. Rains also pour in France during April, for around 1.5 weeks. The average rainfall for the period is 50 mm. A cool and comfortable breeze may also welcome you in France during this time, at an average speed of 10 miles per hour. The Sun rises at around 6:30 a.m. and sets at around 8:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Packing the Luggage for your April France Tour
You may see good amounts of rainfall in France in April, as it is one of the two major rainy seasons in the country. The average temperature lies somewhere between 16 degrees centigrade to a maximum of 21 degrees centigrade.
Rain and partial humidity make this weather pleasantly warm, to an extent. However, if you are visiting France during this time your backpack must have a raincoat or an umbrella. Rain will make everything appear fresh and clean. The month of April might be the best time to visit the countryside of France, the national parks, and the heritage castles. You may find tourists here from around the world.
Pack your colorful and stylish wear for the season. Ensure that you have cute cardigans and jackets that may protect you from cold during the evenings and the nights. Your upper wear should match your other attire, including jeans, pretty dresses, and shirt combos. You should also have a pair of quality walking shoes that are comfortable and help you stroll along the pathways in a hassle-free and convenient way.
Packing the Essentials
The essential packing items are those that are required by you no matter what destination you are visiting. These items are listed below.
- Pouches/packing cubes: the smaller items can be classified, categorized, and can be placed inside the packing cube/pouch in an organized way. The pouches and packing cubes can store your classified items securely as well. For instance, a pouch can store all your fragrances while another can store your mobile chargers.
- Toiletries/shaving kit: the shopping malls and drug stores in France can offer you toiletry items from the most known and best brands. However, if your item is such that you may not find it in France, you should pack it. It is especially important for people having sensitive skin that cannot easily adapt to new products. For others having less sensitive skin, they can pack shampoos, conditioners, moisturizing creams and lotions, facial wash, and other kinds of toiletries. You should not be forgetting your toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, shaving creams, aftershave lotion, and other kinds of stuff that you use daily. Ensure to keep a towel as well that may be handy when you are traveling.
- Electronic gadgets: almost all people today travel with smartphones. Hence you should also ensure that you are traveling with your smartphone charger. The wall socket pins and the outlets may differ in France if you are traveling from some other country. You can check for it on the web and the internet easily, and see what kinds of power sockets are used in France. The adaptive wall socket pins are available online. You can purchase it before you travel and carry it in your backpack. It will ensure that you can charge your phone easily from any kind of wall socket. The pins may also be useful for powering your tablets and laptops among other gadgets. There are also certain universal adaptors and USB cables available that may help you charge your phones and other gadgets easily.
For a long tour, you also need to have a power bank of adequate capacity. It will ensure that you can charge your smartphone even on the roads and while on the go, and stay connected with the rest of the world.
- Other items: the OTC or over-the-counter medications including pain relief tablets/balms, antidiarrheal pills, antipyretic/anti-fever, medication pills for seasickness, and mosquito repellent creams and gels may also be useful when you are at a new place.
- Food and water: There are lots of eateries available no matter which countryside you are traveling to in France. However, you can always have a few snacks with you when you are traveling. The water that you will find in France is drinkable and portable, and therefore you need not buy bottled water. However, you should carry a bottle that you can fill and refill with water during your tour.
Luggage: a good-sized travel backpack has ample space for you to pack your clothes for a tour spanning up to 2 weeks. The new backpacks also have ample pouches and compartments that can be used to keep your items in a well-organized way. However, you should also carry a day bag with you that can store your essential items including your water bottles, snacks, chargers, and other items. These day bags accompany you during the day tours and ensure that you are hydrated, nourished, and connected with the world at all times.
The Best Thing That You Can Do In France During April
France is one of the most memorable destinations in the world. It has an astonishing number of beautiful monuments, castles, churches, museums, cathedrals, and other scenic destinations. Apart from a rich past and heritage, the country also has the most modern and contemporary architectural designs on display. Below are some of the best things that you can do in France while touring it in April.
The spring season is enjoyable and colorful at any place in the world, and even more in France. The weather is nice and comfortable for the tours during the entire days and weeks. The crowd is also not humongous and therefore your two remain comfortable.
The green spaces of cities including Paris, Luxembourg Garden market (and other similar markets), museums, chateaus, and galleries are all fascinating and one-of-a-kind. You can revisit the history of France by visiting these halls and galleries and by witnessing the artifacts and the monuments up and close. You can break your tour and relax by sipping the finest coffee in the world, at the terrace cafes. April is the month when these famous terrace cafes of France reopen.
Chateau de Sceaux
Sceaux is a beautiful commune located in Hauts de Seine. You can reach here from Paris in only 36 minutes by taking a train. During April, you will find the cherries blossoming here in the cherry orchards. A park viz Andre de Notre is also a scenic place to visit nearby.
The city of Nantes is located close to the Atlantic Ocean. It is the Western region of the country France and an interesting and unforgettable destination. A lot of the history and heritage of France is on the exhibition here.
You can visit the Château des Dus de Bretagne, the Nantes Cathedral, the beautiful garden called Jardin des Plantes, the art museum, and many other fascinating places here. The museum also has a huge elephant made of metal. There are many other fascinating places in the city and the region that will make you feel that you are in the medieval century.
International Garden Festival
The International Garden Festival is held in Loire valley, from April to October. You will find on the exhibition here beautiful themed gardens from different locations of the world. The Chaumont Sur Loire chateau hosts this event. These masterpieces are brought to you by expert designers, landscape architects, and artists. It is one-of-a-kind event that takes place only in France. Fortunately, you can witness it closely if you visit France in April.
April is also one of the best months to visit the Normandy region of France where you can visit the Monet’s Garden. Located in Giverny, the garden is a private property that is open to tourist visits. It is owned by Claude Monet, a renowned artist. The house of the artist has also been converted into a museum.
The info above can give you lots of information of visiting France and Paris during April. However, you should also research the internet to find out the best deals for air travel, accommodations, car rentals, as well as stores. It can save you a good amount of money. Lastly, while spring is a good time to visit France, there is also airborne pollen during the time. Ensure that you have your allergy medications with you during your travel.